Blogger Layouts

Welcome!

Hey guys, more book reviews coming up!

Tuesday 23 August 2011

The Summer I turned Pretty by Jenny Han
I think this book was the perfect beach read for me. It's a quick, pleasant read for a hot summer day. Belly-the main character- is your average teen girl but she got childish and annoying at times for me. Belly lives for summers because she gets to go to the beach house that she, her brother and mom share with Susannah and her 2 sons Conrad and Jeremiah. Belly has a huge crush on Conrad and this book mainly revolves on how much Belly loves Conrad. Conrad is your quite, mysterious, hot guy that's perfect for a chick lit. Through the book Belly matures with the boys she has known all her life. Jenny Han's writing is so easy and down to earth that it makes reading the book so easy and relaxing. The setting was described very well and I felt like I was at the beach house with Belly. It was a nice summer read but I wasn't too excited to read the sequel. I have read the next two books and I have to say that they were much better then this one. I will do a review when I get the time. Jenny Han is one of those authors whose writing progresses positively as she writes more books. I do recommend this to anyone whose looking for a quick and easy summer read. Jenny's writing kind of reminds me of Sarah Dessen, so if you're a fan I think you'll enjoy this.
Quote from book:"When you walk on the beach at night, you can say things you can't say in real life." 

2 comments:

  1. I'm a reader! :) I read a book in two days and I love books! Now I'm reading Anna Karenina written by Tolstoj. Do you know it? It's a fabulous book, but it has 1000 pages!

    I like your blog! If you want come to see mine! :)
    I follow you!

    Kisses
    Cherry J.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Frankly speaking, when I see the words of summer beach, I always thought our girls playing, we wear our lovely belly rings, good make up and shoot pictures.
    But this book open a new world for me,I will read carefully.

    ReplyDelete