Blogger Layouts

Welcome!

Hey guys, more book reviews coming up!

Saturday 13 August 2011

Fixing Delilah by Sarah Ockler
I read this book after a friend recommended it to me. I wasn't really expecting much from it because the summery on the back didn't really catch my attention. Surprisingly, I did end up liking it. Most chick lit books are based on romance and conflicts that most teens come across. This book does have it's fair share of romance, but it's main focus is on family relations. At first I couldn't really get into the book because couldn't relate to Del at all. When they got to Red Falls Del goes through loss, unexpected love and becomes close with her workaholic mother. Del discovers family secrets that broke her family apart 8 years ago and figures out why her mom continues to push her away. Del learns to forgive her mother, let go of the past and find herself. When she comes back from Red Falls she realizes that for once in her life she'd like to remember, rather than forget.
Quote from book: Del, "We all long for what could have been."



No comments:

Post a Comment