Blogger Layouts

Welcome!

Hey guys, more book reviews coming up!

Sunday 14 August 2011

Devoured By Amanda Marrone
They say not to judge a book by it's cover but I can't help it. The cover of this book caught my attention and so I picked it up. I read the prologue and it sounded fantastic, the prologue took place years ago and was a spin-off of Snow White. When I started to read the actual story, in my opinion it was boring. Megan is being hunted by her twin sister, Remy, who died in a car crash 10 years ago. I would say it started to pick up in the middle and I started to get into the book. The characters were nothing special and no one stood out to me accept Remy. It was not the most well written book but I enjoyed it as a quick read and wouldn't highly recommend it. Remy was creepy and always talking about brutal death, she was scary for such a young girl. I liked that it didn't have the happiest ending like most books because Megan did lose someone close to her. The ending was written nicely, but I didn't feel enough emotion. She does get her prince in the end and everything gets better. If your looking for something to pass your time with, this will do.
Quote from book: There's always one bad apple, jealousy can be hard to swallow.

No comments:

Post a Comment