Blogger Layouts

Welcome!

Hey guys, more book reviews coming up!

Saturday 13 August 2011


The Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants by Ann Brashares
I just finished reading this book and I have to say I loved it. My favourite character out the four friends was Carmen Lowell. She found a pair of jeans that fit all four of the girls despite their different sizes. They decided to call the jeans the "travelling pants". Carmen's best friends are Lena Kaligaris, Tibby Rollins and Bridget Vreeland. They decide to share the travelling pants over the course of the summer. The characters were very easy to relate to because of their age (high school sophomores). I liked Carmen the most because she wasn't perfect and her personality was closest to mine. Lena annoyed me at times, like her immediate reaction to push Kostos away. Yes, she had her reasons but she didn't even give him a chance at the beginning. Tibby was my second favourite character. She had to stay home for the summer working for Duncan Howe at Wallman's. In my opinion she was the most down to earth and realistic. She went through a lot in this book and I felt her emotion. I liked Bridget but I could relate to her the least. She's impulsive, goal oriented, and is used to getting what she wants. She's basically the opposite of me. Nonetheless, I still enjoyed her parts in the book and how she overcame anything that was in her way. I thought she was the least realistic until the end when she had to face the consequences of her impulsive actions. Overall, I really liked this book and am looking forward to reading The Second Summer of the Sisterhood. I really think this book showed how strong true friendship can be. 
Quote from book: Tibby, " Well, maybe sometimes it's easier to be mad at the people you trust."
Carmen, "Why? Why is that?" Tibby, "Because you know they'll always love you, no matter what."

No comments:

Post a Comment